It is important to follow the steps mentioned next to be able to use the Arduino
Uno R3 and some other boards. Please check the Arduino website for up-to-date
1. Plug your board in and wait for Windows to begin the driver installation
process. After a few moments, the process fails.
2. Click on the Start menu, and open Control Panel.
3. In Control Panel, navigate to System and Security. Next, click on System.
Once the System window is up, open Device Manager.
4. Look under Ports (COM & LPT). Check the open port named Arduino UNO
5. Right-click on the Arduino UNO (COMxx) port and choose the Update
Driver Software option.
6. Next, choose the Browse my computer for driver software option.
7. Finally, navigate and select the Uno’s driver file, named ArduinoUNO.inf,
located in the Drivers folder of the Arduino software download (be careful:
not the FTDI USB Drivers subdirectory).
8. Windows will finish the driver installation from there and everything will